Monday, January 2, 2012

Untried #1 of 2012: A Palate Cleanser

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve! Now we're into 2012 and I'm enjoying it so far; a 3 day weekend will do that. Hopefully 2012 will bring a lot of exciting things! I know there have already been a lot of announcements so far in the world of nail polish about new lines and collections. Lots of cool stuff ahead!

I started on my New Year's resolution of using all my untrieds today. Removing the Sally Hansen Winter Funderland design was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. The black polish just did not want to come off and the glitter didn't help either. I feel as though I've worn so much glitter / hard to remove polish lately. My poor fingernails are weak from all that pure acetone! So I've been wanting to do a mani with a nice, simple creme polish that won't demolish my nails. (Ha, see what I did there?)

So for my first manicure of the year, I chose to go with a classic: China Glaze For Audrey. It's one color that I had been looking forward to getting my hands on and I was so happy to get it for Christmas. It is definitely a "me" color, I love blues and purples. And who doesn't like a Tiffany-inspired blue?

The application was great, For Audrey covered perfectly in two coats. I used a Seche base coat and the Seche Vite top dry coat. (This nail blogger is growing up, a base and top coat?!) I absolutely love this color even if it's not the newest one on the block. I also think it will be a great base for trying out my new nail stamping kit and a perfect color for my birthday week!




Both pictures were taken inside. The top one was with flash, I believe the bottom was no flash. I was too lazy to get my lightbox set up since our Christmas tree is in the way. But see, so pretty! I'm slowly, but surely becoming a big fan of China Glaze. 

Have you tried For Audrey? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment