Monday, January 23, 2012

Fail'd It, My First Stamping Attempt

For Christmas my hubby got me Bundle Monster plates along with the Konad accessories that I needed for stamping. This weekend I finally got around to trying it out.

For my base color I used Cult Nails Time Traveler. I had ordered it during the Cult Nails anniversary promo that offered free shipping. It came in the mail last week and it was so gorgeous in the bottle that I just couldn't wait to use it. Time Traveler is a dark royal, almost navy blue creme polish. The formula was great and I ended up using only one coat for the base. ONE COAT! It's an amazing color and I was kind of sad that I was going to stamp over it.

Cult Nails Time Traveler. Isn't it so pretty? 

I wanted to use a full nail pattern, but it didn't work out too well so I ended up trying two smaller designs from BM 223. On my left hand I stamped the bell from the plate using Mary Kay Gold Leaf. On my right hand I tried a another design with Maybelline Express Finish in Brassy that looked like a tattoo design. I don't have pictures of my right hand because despite my attempts, I just could not get a good photo.



I guess for a first stamping attempt it isn't too bad. But I've seen so many flawless examples of stamping that it's hard to think this was good. I'll just have to keep practicing and working on it. Next time I'll try some of those Sally Hansen Color Quick pens that I picked up from Big Lots for stamping instead. Until next time!

What was your experience with your first attempt at stamping? Do you have any stamping tips or advice? Which are your favorite plates: Bundle Monster, Konad or Red Angel? Let me know in the comments section!

1 comment: