Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Untrieds #2 and 3: A Fiji Frenzy from Sinful Colors

I ended up wearing For Audrey for a full week because I loved it so much. Plus, there was hardly any tip wear and virtually no chipping. China Glaze is quickly becoming a favorite.

However, this is not a China Glaze post. I still have a bunch of untrieds to get through, so this week is a two-for-one mani. You may remember from my Christmas haul post that I got both Fiji and Frenzy from Sinful Colors. From the moment I saw them together, I knew they'd be a great layering combo.

I started off with a Seche Clear base coat, then two coats of Sinful Colors Fiji, which is a bright purple. I wasn't too thrilled with the coverage of two coats and the formula is a little watery. My ideal polishes are opaque in 2 coats, but Fiji would probably need 3 if worn alone. I left it at two coats though since it was a base for layering. Fiji is a pretty purple, but it didn't blow me away. Overall, it's a good color to have for layering.

On top of Fiji, I used one coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat and then I applied two layers of Sinful Colors Frenzy. Frenzy is purple and light blue glitter in a clear base. After two coats, it really does look like a glitter frenzy! I finished off the mani with two coats of Sally Hansen No Chip Top Coat to smooth it all out.


As you can see, I tried something new and thought it might be a good idea to take my photos while holding a coffee cup. It didn't work as well as I would have liked. Holding a coffee cup in your hand, inside a light box while trying to take photos of your own manicure is awkward! 


It's hard to capture how sparkly this combo of Fiji and Frenzy really is. But I love it in person!



Overall I like this layering combo a lot. The purples in the two polishes compliment each other well and the light blue glitter adds that extra pop of color. This combo keeps catching my eye throughout the day and sometimes the combination even looks fuchsia out of the corner of my eye. I'm looking forward to using Frenzy for other layering combos in the future!

What do you think about this layering combo? What is your favorite shade from Sinful Colors? Do you like my (coffee) mug shot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment