Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sookie St. James over Red

Hello lovely readers! Today I have a special layering combination for you. My first KelBel Cosmetics customer, Jason, had let me know that he layered over Sookie St. James over red and that the combination looked great. Since Sookie St. James is an orange polish, the combination would not have crossed my mind. I was intrigued and decided to finally try it myself.


For the base red, I decided to use China Glaze Poinsettia. I used two coats, which applied very well. After applying Seche Vite and waiting for it to dry, I applied two coats of Sookie St. James and another coat of Seche Vite. 

Let me just say, I absolutely love this combination! Sookie St. James covers well enough that you can't see much of the red base coat, but something about these two together just makes the color pop. I was just doing it as a swatch, so I only polished one hand and I did not want to take it off! It's probably one of my favorite layering manicures ever. Thanks Jason!


Sookie St. James is available in my Etsy shop, KelBel Cosmetics in both mini and full size. This polish is limited edition, so be sure to pick it up while it's still available if you want it!

What do you think of this combination? Is there anything else you'd like to see Sookie St. James layered over?

2 comments:

  1. Seriously how could you doubt a straight guy about color coordination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Thank you again, one of these days I'll have to actually wear Sookie over red out, instead of just swatching it.

      Delete