Saturday, March 31, 2012

Layering: Whimsical Kristen

I've finally gotten around to wearing Revlon Whimsical and I must say, I love this polish. It mostly came down to finding the perfect "undies" for Whimsical, because I knew I wouldn't be able to wear it on its own. Then, thanks to Zoya's buy 3, get 3 free Spring promo, I picked up Zoya Kristen! I knew it would be a great match for Whimsical.

Kristen and Whimsical together
Zoya Kristen a a gorgeous dusty light blue creme polish from Zoya's Feel collection. Their website actually describes Kristen as a "gull gray nail polish with a mild bluish hue." Either way, I really like this color and it covered beautifully in just two coats. Plus, it shares the same name as my best friend, even though she spells it differently.

Revlon Whimsical is light pink and light blue hex glitter, with some smaller blue glitter, in a milky light blue base. This polish has gained notoriety as being a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. Whimsical is the much more affordable version. 

I used two coats of Whimsical over Kristen. Whimsical is a little bit watery (or at least my bottle was) and placing the glitter can be a little difficult. Despite this, I think that Whimsical is worth the little bit of extra effort. After wearing so many dark colors lately, this combination was a welcome change. I didn't want to take it off!


What do you think about this combination? Do you own either of these? Don't forget to enter my Spring Fling giveaway so you can win Whimsical! The giveaway ends tomorrow!

1 comment: