Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green for St. Paddy's Day!

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day! This weekend I spent time with the hubby and his friends. St. Patrick's Day with them is becoming a tradition. There's usually corned beef and cabbage, cupcakes and drinks of course. It was a good time, but it definitely didn't leave any time for blogging.

For my late St. Patrick's Day post, I decided to post the three greens from my Etsy shop, KelBel Cosmetics! I've been wearing these in the two weeks leading up to the holiday. I love these colors and hope you do too!



The two above photos are of Hep Alien. It's a bright spring green that doesn't like to be photographed. I had such a hard time getting a color accurate photo. The top photo is closest to real life, but Hep Alien can also look a little lighter depending on the light. There's also a subtle rose shimmer. I used two coats in the above pictures. 

Hep Alien was inspired by my favorite show, Gilmore Girls. In the show, Lane (Rory's best friend) forms a band called, you guessed it, Hep Alien. I'm hoping to add more Gilmore Girls themed nail polish soon!


This second color is Kelly Green. It's my "signature color" so to speak. I've always had a special place in my heart for Kelly Green since my name is Kelly. It's also the perfect color for St. Patrick's Day and I made sure I was wearing it on the actual holiday. Kelly Green also has a great shimmer throughout the polish. It was my favorite green that I wore recently. The post man at work even complimented my nails when I wore Kelly Green! Shown above is 3 coats of Kelly Green to make it come out really bright. 


Lastly is Luck of the Irish! It's a deeper green with subtle golden shimmer. This polish looked 10 times better on my nails than it did in the bottle, which is surprising. I was very happy with how Luck of the Irish came out.   I only needed two coats!

Hep Alien, Kelly Green and Luck of the Irish are available in mini bottles on my Etsy shop (link above) for $4.50 each + shipping. 

Which green polish did you wear for St. Patrick's Day? What do you think of these greens? Let me know in the comments section. I'd love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment