Monday, March 5, 2012

Color Club Magnetic Force: Electro-Midnight

Hey lovely readers! Today I have swatches of my first magnetic nail polish! I picked up Electro-Midnight from the Color Club Magnetic Force collection a few weeks ago as part of my Hometown Haul. I just couldn't resist a blue magnetic polish.


The Color Club magnet on this polish makes a wavy pattern. To apply Electro-Midnight, I did each finger individually, which is a must with magnetic polish. I put on one coat of polish, then held the magnet over it for the recommended 15 seconds. The Color Club magnet is a cover that goes over the top of the nail polish bottle. You separate it from the actual brush to make it easier to use. It also has a lip on one side to rest on your finger to help keep the magnet from touching the nail. 

After covering each nail with one coat of polish, I went back over each nail with a second coat and repeated the process. I managed to only hit my nail with the magnet 2 or 3 times, but only on the first coat.


I think this mani turned out pretty well for my first time using magnetic polish. I really love the color of Electro-Midnight, it's right up my alley and was completely opaque in two coats. The formula was definitely a dream to work with. Although I would have liked the magnet to be a little bit stronger, I'm still happy with how the pattern turned out. The only downside was that I had a little chip after less than 24 hours and I noticed some tip wear/shrinkage but that could have been due to topping it with Seche Vite. 

Do you own any from the Color Club Magnetic Force collection? What is your favorite magnetic polish? 

No comments:

Post a Comment