Friday, April 20, 2012

Deadly Seduction: Layering with Cult Nails and KelBel Cosmetics

Cult Nails Seduction is quickly becoming my favorite nail polish. I just can't get enough of this beauty! I absolutely love flakies and Seduction is no exception. The Cult Nails website describes Seduction as "a sheer purple/red jelly top coat polish loaded with red and blue multichromatic flakes." With a polish like this, there are endless layering possibilities.

Playing off of the purple base of Seduction, I decided to layer it over one of my own colors from KelBel Cosmetics. The base color I used is Nightlock, which was inspired by The Hunger Games of course. For those of you who haven't read the books or watched the movie yet (and have been living under a rock), nightlock is the name of the deadly berries in the books/film that are supposed to have a dark purple color to them.



KelBel Cosmetics Nightlock is a dark yet vibrant purple polish, that is not a creme but not quite a shimmer, it falls somewhere in between. I used two coats of Nightlock with Seche Vite top coat. After that dried, I layered 2 coats of Cult Nails Seduction over my pointer and ring finger nails as accents.



This combination was made for each other! Nightlock is my perfect kind of purple and matched the jelly base of Seduction well. Plus it helps that jellies can morph depending on what they're layered over..




I will definitely be wearing these two together again in the future. I even got a compliment from a cashier when I was buying lunch, which made my day!

What do you think of this combination? Which colors have you layered Seduction over? Let me know in the comments section!

2 comments: