Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: Winter Funderland

I guess I can owe my rekindled nail polish addiction to Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. I was introduced to them earlier in the year by friends and family. They seemed so new and innovative, an awesome manicure with patterns that doesn't smudge? Who knew?! And the patterns are adorable. Now I've found that nail strips are popping up all over the place and there's a lot of awesome ones out there, but Sally Hansen still puts out a great product. And from there, a new obsession was born.

I picked up the Winter Funderland nail strips a while ago along with Plaid About You. I used Plaid About You for my Christmas mani, alternating the nail strips with plain red polish. Now for my New Year's mani I went all out with Winter Funderland, which is a black creme-like base with silver and blue hex glitter and fine silver glitter. 

The application was a little tough with this print. The strips felt a little thicker than usual, which made it a little more difficult to get them to stick. I finally got it to work though and the manicure came out pretty well. There was some chipping, mostly at the tips of my nails. Despite the application problems, I still love this print. I can't help staring at it, it's almost like looking at the night sky. To me, black, silver and blue just scream "New Year's". I think Sally Hansen (or any brand) should put out a polish version of this nail strip.

Below are my results. I apologize for the pictures, I've been having some photography issues (lack of space for my equipment and lack of good light due to living in the Northeast), plus I was under a time crunch. My cuticles are also horrendous on my left hand.




I promise this design is 10 times better in person, but you get the idea. The other great part about these nail strips are that even though I ruined one of the tips of my index finger nail today, I just touched it up with some China Glaze Liquid Leather and was good to go. You can hardly tell that I messed it up! Now that's my kind of mani.

Are you a fan of nail strips? Do you like Sally Hansen or prefer other brands? Let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment