Monday, November 21, 2011

Essie: Aruba Blue

I wanted to put up a post to tide the blog over for a little. Last week I tried Essie's Aruba Blue from my eBay win. It's the color I've been most excited about out of the four. Here it is below:


It's so pretty and right up my alley in terms of colors. In 8th grade I remember wanting to wear blue nail polish, but I couldn't because I attended Catholic school and they didn't allow any nail polish. (How sad!) But now I'm an adult and can do whatever I want with my nails. (Hurray!) 

You'll have to pardon my lack of a swatch. I didn't like the way my cuticles were looking, so hence no pictures of the mani. I did love the color though. It applied nicely in two coats, though I probably could have gone with three. Even though Aruba Blue conjures up images of crystal clear water on the beach, it also can be used as a great holiday color. I will definitely wear it again and post a swatch, maybe even with a holo or glitter top coat. We'll see. 

I'm currently wearing Essie's It's Genius, so I have officially tried all four from the eBay lot. I've really enjoyed trying them all and I think they are all good additions to my collection.

In the meantime, Thanksgiving is this week and I'm pretty sure that as of tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a second cat! So here are some more pictures to enjoy until the next post!


It's Genius 

My eBay haul!



No comments:

Post a Comment