Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's Go Giants! A Super Bowl Mani

Last week I decided to do a NY Giants themed manicure in honor of the Giants facing off against the Patriots in this year's Super Bowl. It turned out to be a busy week, so I didn't have time to go all out with the design. I ended up keeping it to a simple color scheme using Essie Aruba Blue and China Glaze Poinsettia.


I added the football using Picnik just for fun. 

Aruba Blue is basically the perfect Giants blue. It's also probably my favorite blue nail polish that I own. It's so bright and perfect. I used 2-3 coats of Aruba Blue for this one.


China Glaze Poinsettia likes to photograph more on the orange-red side, but it is a pretty red in person and went well with the Giants theme. I used 2 coats of Poinsettia.

I had some wear from cleaning before our guests arrived. 

Now I did this before the actual Super Bowl, so little did I know that the Giants would actually beat the Patriots! It really was a great game and came down to the last 57 seconds to determine the winner. 

We had some friends over to watch the game, ordered some pizza and wings, and just enjoyed the spectacle that is the Super Bowl. The commercials were entertaining, half time was a circus, and the game was (literally) a nail biter. I was doing so well on my nails lately, but that game just destroyed them. I'm now down to little nubs, which makes me sad, but I am very excited the Giants won! 

I hope you like my Giants mani, even if you don't like the Giants. Did you do a football themed mani this year? Did you watch the Super Bowl? What was your favorite part? 

Let me know in the comments section! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment