Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Late Memorial Day / Happy July 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope my American followers (and our Canadian friends too) are enjoying the day. I love the 4th of July because it means BBQ, fireworks and just an all-around good time with friends and family. Plus, the New Girl episode where they play True American is on right now. Happy 4th!

(PS: Head over to KelBel Cosmetics and check out my 15% off sale! )

I did realize though that I never got around to posting my Memorial Day manicure. So today I'll post that and  soon I'll post my actual July 4th inspired manicure.


My Memorial Day manicure was a polish that I was working on for KelBel Cosmetics over two coats of Brucci Snow White. I didn't name the polish, but it's basically red and blue hearts in a white base. It was difficult to get the hearts out though. The manicure itself came out a bit thick since I had quite a few layers of polish on. 



Overall, I did like this combination and I thought it was very holiday-appropriate, but this polish needs tweaking before I add it to the shop (if ever). I still really like the concept of this polish. Glitter is just a pain to work with when mixing polish. I give other indies who do glitter polish well A LOT of credit, it's not easy at all!



What do you think of my late-Memorial Day / 4th of July manicure? What do you think of this nail polish attempt? What was your 4th of July manicure? Let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment